Tuesday, June 1, 2010

*Lake Powell*

For memorial weekend Ryan and I went to Lake Powell with his family. We had a blast! Ryan and I drove down on Thursday night to meet up with his family at the Lodge in Bullfrog. From that point on every waking moment was spent in the water. Many of you will be surprised to hear that I even got in the water and "attempted" to wake board. But sadly to say I didn't get up and became very frustrated. Well actually I got up once...and then immediately fell back down. I gave up after that and am kind of disappointed in myself for doing so. I've decided that next time Ryan and I are boating I'm going to try yet again and hopefully I will keep a positive attitude and try my hardest.  All of Ryan's family is very talented at wake boarding.  They made it look so easy, and both of the in-laws (me and Jarron) were struggling.  It was great to get a away from work and the real world.  We were able to enjoy the beautiful scenery, which is absolutely incredible.  I can't believe that we have a place in Utah that is truly that amazing.

Also this past week I found out that my grandma had a stroke.  Luckily she wasn't paralyzed, but she's having a hard time communicating what she thinks in her head into words.  Please pray for a speedy recovery for her.  She most likely will be living in an assisted living center after she gets out of rehab in a few months.

Here are some pix from our Lake Powell trip:

2 comments:

  1. Yay I found it! This is so funny because my first post on my blog was my husband's graduation. Perfect time to start a blog! Im excited to keep updated on your life between seeing you for appointments:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute Pics!! This makes me think of our wild time at Lake Powell Jenni! haha! We all need to go sometime!! Ps. Ryan, John loves the Celtics jersey!!!

    ReplyDelete